No Mayo Coleslaw
No mayo coleslaw recipe for those who love coleslaw but don’t love mayonnaise. It’s an easy combination of cabbage, carrots and onion mixed with a special vinegar dressing.
- 1 head of green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 yellow or red onion, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (See below for other vinegar that you could use to make the slaw into a totally unique dish)
- 3 tbsp Tunisian Chemlali extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw wildflower honey, (or more, depending on sweetness)
- 1/2 tbsp Honey and Balsamic Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp PA Pepper Blend
- Add the shredded green cabbage, carrot and onion to a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, celery seed, coriander, salt and PA Pepper to create the dressing. Taste the dressing and decide if you’d like to add more honey.
- Add about half of the dressing to the cabbage, onions and carrots and gently toss. Slowly add more dressing until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Let the salad sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. (It should last 3 to 4 days in the fridge)
For a special Coleslaw, substitute the Apple Cider Vinegar for one of these truly unique flavors!