Crispy Garlic Reaper Wings
These wings are the crispiest dry oven baked chicken wing you’ll find and very easy to make. We love them without the sauce but that doesn’t mean you can’t toss them in your favorite wing sauce when their done, just be careful because they carry their own heat! The spiciness of your wings can be adjusted by the amount of Reaper Garlic Pepper that you use.
Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing and Celery Sticks.
- 12 Chicken Wings (Cut into Drums and Flats)
- Baking Powder
- Flipping the Bird Chicken Seasoning (SALT FREE)
- Carolina Reaper Garlic Pepper (SALT FREE)
Before we list the instructions, lets cover a few things first. We didn’t list the quantities of the ingredients because they vary based on the quantity and taste preferences that you have. You can also substitute the Chicken Seasoning for another flavor as long as you use the Reaper Pepper, that way you still get the heat. So lets get started…
- Preheat oven to 250°
- Put wings in a ziplock bag and sprinkle just enough baking powder to very lightly coat the wings into the bag, seal the bag and give it a good shake to spread the powder across all of the wings.
- Prepare a wire rack over a baking sheet, line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to ease cleanup later.
- Arrange wings on the rack skin side down and season with Chicken Seasoning and a light dusting of Reaper Garlic Pepper.
- Flip wings over and season with Chicken Seasoning and a light dusting of Reaper Garlic Pepper. (When your wings are done cooking, you can add more Reaper Pepper to increase the heat so go easy with them at this point)
- Put the wings in the oven on a lower rack and cook for 20 minutes. (This will render some of the fat down to help the skin crisp up quicker)
- Turn oven to 425° and continue to cook for an additional 40 minutes.
- Pull them out of the oven and let them rest, make sure the internal temperature is above 160°
This method also works for Chicken Thighs and Legs!